Guest Include Robert Redford, Wes Studi, Sibylle Szaggars Redford, Leslie Zemeckis, Thomas Dolby and more
This year's Albuquerque Film and Media Experience – which takes place at venues along historic Route 66 in the Nob Hill neighborhood and downtown – is shaping into an esthete's delight. Take a look at the following highlights.
- An Evening with Robert Redford and Robert Lynch, CEO for Americans for the Arts;
- A Night of Performance Art with Sibylle Szaggars-Redford and David Thor Jonsson;
- Six world movie premieres, more than 80 domestic and international film screenings;
- More than two dozen panel discussions and face-to-face conversations with notable filmmakers and actors from throughout the world;
- A Thomas Dolby live performance and screening;
- Art exhibits at Popejoy Hall;
- A Taste of Film at Indian Pueblo Cultural Center;
- And an international focus on film from Israel and the UK.
The June 3-9 festival strives to honor the power of film and all storytelling through the arts, according to co-founders Ivan Wiener and Lainie Quirk. “We are looking forward to bringing everyone together in the Land of Enchantment,” they are quoted in a media release. “There’s no better time to spotlight Albuquerque, New Mexico and all the city offers in terms of cultural heritage, scenic beauty, the growing film industry and of course, our Historic Mother Road, Route 66.”
Inspired by Sibylle and Robert Redford, the week-long celebration has attracted the participation of many film and entertainment industry leaders and luminaries from both local New Mexico productions and Hollywood. The festival includes participation from filmmakers, musicians and artists including musician and film director Thomas Dolby; actors Wes Studi ("Avatar," "Last of the Mohicans," "Heat"), Elizabeth Pena ("Blaze You Out," "La Bamba"), Lew Temple ("The Lone Ranger," "The Walking Dead"), Giancarlo Esposito ("Breaking Bad," "Revolution," "Do the Right Thing"), Steven Michael Quezada ("Breaking Bad"); and directors Leslie Zemeckis ("Bound By Flesh") and Joshua Michael Stern ("Jons," "Swing Vote") and many more.
The Albuquerque Film & Media Experience is an impactful event for the City of Albuquerque that represents creative achievement in film, music, arts and entertainment, according to organizers. Programming includes domestic and international movies, new media, food and art, intimate conversations, panels and time with attending industry leaders.
For a complete listing of events, visit the AFME website.http://www.abqfilmexperience.com/index.html
Compiled from AFME press materials.