This weekly radio show features host and Sotheby's International Realty's Associate Broker Rey Post (NM REC License #45660) and a variety of special guests offering the best news, information and commentary regarding every aspect of today's real estate market.
In the first hour of the show, join host Rey Post and his guest co-host Tom Simon, Owner of Westgate Properties, LLC and their guests as they mark this February's "Leap Year" status with a discussion of homeowner associations and other timely real estate issues impacting home owners, buyers and sellers.
• 2016 Homeowner Association Topics: Rey and Tom will review important changes in the management of homeowner associations that will impact residents in the New Year.
• Activities of Westgate Properties, LLC: Tom will offer an update on the activities that he and his team of professionals are pursuing in the 30+ homeowner association communities they manage in the greater Santa Fe region.
• Preview of Second Hour of ATRE Show: Tom will summarize the topics and that he and his special guests will review during the second hour of the program, including a review of legislative issues considered by the New Mexico Legislature in their just concluded 30-day session.
• Mortgage Tips: Ron Blessey (NMLS #214672)—Senior Loan Officer with Homeowners Financial Group, an Equal Housing Lender (NMLS #93718)—will update listeners on the latest trends in home mortgages that impact property buyers in the current real estate market.
• Open House of the Week: Sotheby’s International Realty associate broker Johnnie Gillespie will discuss the numerous features of 84 W. Wildflower, a 3,500+ square foot home, sited on 1.8 acres, offering relaxing portales, a magnificent great room and other special features and located in the Las Campanas neighborhood of Santa Fe. Information on the property can be obtained under the “Featured Property” section of ATREradio.com.
In the second hour of the program, Tom Simon, Professional Community Association Manager, will host the monthly Westgate Properties, LLC broadcast, focusing on a variety of timely homeowner association (HOA) and general real estate issues of importance to community residents.
• Review Of NM Legislature: Second-term New Mexico State Senator from Santa Fe and lawyer Peter Wirth will offer his observations on the real estate related issues considered during the just concluded 30-day session of the New Mexico State Legislature. Tom will also offer his insights on the impact that proposed legislation during the 2016 session would have had on HOA and condo (COA) associations, as well as what his industry is planning for the future in an effort to revise current laws. Tom and Peter will also give special discussion to HB129, the bill in the just concluded legislative session, which was designed to to cap HOA fees.
• Legal Report: Javier Delgado, Partner with the law firm of Carpenter, Hazlewood, Delgado & Bolen, P.C. will offer his monthly legal report on issues impacting homeowner associations.
• Insurance Update: Vincent Marciano, President of the ADV Insurance Agency, a local firm specializing in community association insurance, will provide information on home insurance issues impacting property residents.
• Landscape Tip: Sean Gabriel, Principal with locally owned and operated Proscape Landscape Management, discusses landscape techniques and seasonal activities that are of value to all home owners.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 (or you can email Rey at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to www.ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.