Attention New Mexico Screenwriters!
$5,000 Grant Opportunity... read on to find out more.
The New Mexico Film Foundation is very proud and happy to be able to offer this grant for the second year through the generosity of screenwriter and executive producer of Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin. This grant is meant to help aspiring screenwriters and should be used in such a way as to allow the screenwriter to write.
The winner of the 2015 George R.R. Martin Screenwriting award will receive $5,000.
Each applicant will receive an email notifying them of the writing competition results.
Announcement of Winner will be made in November 2015.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- You must be a New Mexico resident to enter.
- Members of the WGA are not eligible
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- Submission must be for: 1) a feature length film or 2) a pilot episode of an original television series.
- Submission must be in the Science Fiction or Fantasy genre.
- All entries must be in English.
- You must submit a complete story treatment (maximum 5 pages, double spaced) and the first 5 pages of the script.
- Treatment and script sample must have a properly formatted filename ([treatment] by [Author First Name Last Name] and ([script] by author First Name Lastname]) For example: treatment by Jane Doe and script by Jane Doe
- Do NOT put your name on the treatment or sample script. You and your submission will be assigned a unique ID number so that the submissions to judges will be anonymous.
- Only one submission per person.
- Can submit in any format
- No substitutions of submitted material.
Submissions open July 4th, 2015
Deadline for submission 11:59 pm (MST) September 15th 2015.
Winner will be announced November 15th
All submissions that meet the requirements will be considered.
Any submission that does not meet the requirements will be immediately dismissed
More info and submission form:
The New Mexico Film Foundation, located in Santa Fe, NM, has the mission to help grow the independent film industry in New Mexico while offering financial support and educational opportunities to New Mexico independent filmmakers.