Hello, I’m Jim Glover, That Branding Guy for Once a Day Marketing™. Today is Digital Friday and we are going to take a look at statistics that MBAonline.com pulled together about a day in the life of the internet.
I have frequently stressed the importance of the internet and the fact that so many people are using the internet all over the world. The statistics are mind-boggling and MBAonline.com put together some very interesting ones that I am going to share.
On a daily basis:
- The amount of information sought would require about 168 million DVDs to store
- 294 billon e-mails are sent via the internet
- 2 million blogs are uploaded; thank you for tuning in to mine
- 250 million photos are uploaded to Facebook
- There are 532 million status updates
- 22 million hours of television programming and movies are watchedon Netflix
- 864,000 videos are uploaded to YouTube
- 35 million apps are downloaded
So why is all this data important? It clearly demonstrates the tremendous number of people using the internet. There is an old adage that says you should fish where the fish are. Chances are your customers and your potential customers are already using the internet. What are you doing to make sure your brand is online so they can find you in whatever way they happen to be looking?
That concludes Digital Friday. Join us next week for Smart Monday. To discuss an online or onsite service engagement and enhance the marketing and branding for your organization, contact James Glover: (505) 501-1330 or email@example.com. I’m Jim Glover, That Branding Guy, for Once a Day Marketing™ and we’ll see you next time.
© 2012 Once a Day Marketing™. All rights reserved.