“Jazz, Standards and Dead on the Web…”
Jazz and Standards
Serenata of Santa Fe continues its 25th Anniversary Season with a concert on Sunday, February 5 at 3 p.m. at Santa Fe’s Scottish Rite Temple on the Paseo at Washington Avenue – the Pink Building at the intersection where Washington becomes Bishop's Lodge Road.
The program includes works by Eric Ewazen – his Trio for Bassoon, Horn & Piano (1983); Andre Previn’s Trio for Oboe, Bassoon & Piano (1985) and the Piano Trio No. 2 in F Major (1847) by Robert Schumann.
The performers for this very special concert are: Toni Lipton, bassoon; Scott Temple, horn; Pamela Epple, oboe; David Felberg, violin; Sally Guenther, cello; and Debra Ayers, piano.
Dead on the Web?
Santa Fe Creative Tourism, a program housed at the Santa Fe Arts Commission, has begun a series of workshops to assist artists in the community with career development. Classes are free and held from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Santa Fe Community Gallery, 201 W. Marcy St.
The workshops are all held on Tuesday evenings at the city’s Community Gallery in the Santa Fe Convention Center. Though the workshops are free, the Arts Commission asks that you RSVP via e-mail at email@example.com.
The first workshop was held this past Tuesday and focused on the Arts Commission’s programs for artists and how members of the artistic community might participate in them.
These workshops continue each Tuesday through March 27th. The next one, on February 7, is, indeed, entitled: Dead on the Web? Presented by award-winning web marketing author and Santa Fe web designer Hope Kiah, the subject is how to “ignite your art site!”
The remaining workshops are:
• February 14 – Have no fear: using social networks for your business
• February 21 – The Northern New Mexico Cultural Corridor. Presenter: Alice Loy, director of programs for Global Center for Cultural Entrepreneurship
• February 28 – Developing content for your website and blog
• March 6 – Monitoring your online presence and search engine optimization
• March 13 – What is Creative Tourism and how can I participate?
• March 20 – Setting up Twitter, FaceBook and LinkedIn (for beginners)
• March 27 – Vertical Response, Constant Contact and Mail Chimp: Creating an e-newsletter