Hello, I’m Jim Glover, That Branding Guy, for Once a Day Marketing™. Today is Digital Fridayand we are looking at a recent study by HubSpot on the impact of long term blogging.
HubSpot completed a study involving 7,000 of their customers who answered questions about inbound marketing. They found some very eye-opening statistics that may cause you to re-evaluate blogging for your company.
Here are the five findings related to blogging that I thought were most interesting:
- 15 blogs or more per month generate five times more inbound traffic than not blogging at all
- Increasing blogging from 3-5x a month to 6-8x a month results in nearly double the lead flow
- B2B blogs of 1-2 times a month will still generate 70% more leads than those who don’t blog
- B2C companies increasing their available blogs from 100 to 200 saw a 59% increase in traffic
- Companies with blog count over 200 have 5x more leads thanthose with 10 blogs or fewer
You may not experience the same lift that the 7,000 companies in the HubSpot study enjoyed. However, the point is blogging does work. When you have a small number of blog you generate less attention than when you have a large number of blogs. I am still recommending that you consider blogging. If you aren’t blogging, your competition is and they are the ones seeing that increase in traffic flow.
That concludes Digital Friday. Join us next week for Smart Monday. To discuss an online or onsite service engagement and enhance the marketing and branding for your organization, contact James Glover: (505) 501-1330 or email@example.com. I’m Jim Glover, That Branding Guy, for Once
a Day Marketing™ and we’ll see you next time.
© 2012 Once a Day Marketing™. All rights reserved.