Cacao Santa Fe
3201 Richards Ln., Santa Fe NM 87507
General Admission | $39
Seniors | $34
| Children 12 and under are free with paying adult.
The History of Chocolate - From 2000 BC to Colonial New Mexico
Led by Mark J. Sciscenti, Chocolate Historian
This two-hour lecture on the history of chocolate includes a PowerPoint presentation and sampling of several historic drinking chocolates. The following topics will be covered:
• Botanical and Ecological sources of chocolate;
• The cultural and traditional uses of chocolate during the Pre-Columbian times by the Mesoamericans
- the Maya, Zapotec and Mexica (Aztec) peoples;
• Southwestern Ancestral Pueblo Indian use of chocolate;
• Chocolate use during the Spanish Colonial and the Colonial New Mexican period;
There will be time for questions.
Children 12 and under are free with paying adult.