BASSNECTAR - Timestretch (2010 Timestretch)
ORGŌNE w/ TERIN ECTOR - Cosmic Slop (2018 Undercover Mixtape)
KHRUANGBIN - Maria También (2018 Con Todo el Mundo)
FEMI KUTI - One People One World (2018 One People One World)
LOS LOBOS - Cumbia Raza (7/22/17 Route 66 Summerfest, Albuquerque, NM)
GRATEFUL DEAD - My Brother Esau (9/10/83 Santa Fe Downs, SF, NM)
BOB MARLEY & the WAILERS - War / No More Trouble > Get Up, Stand Up > Exodus (2015 Easy Skanking in Boston ’78, 6/8/78 Music Hall, Boston, MA)
HIGH CEILING - Fields a’Flamin (2017 Easy)
WIDESPREAD PANIC - Space Wrangler (2008 Live from Austin TX DVD, recorded for Austin City Limits, 10/31/2000)
CHRIS EVES & the NEW NORMAL - Find Your Way (2018 Find Your Way)
FRUITION - Northern Town (2018 Watching It All Fall Apart)
MATTHEW STUBBS & the ANTIGUAS - El Segundo (2018 Matthew Stubbs & the Antiguas)
UMPHREY’S McGEE - Speak Up (2018 It’s Not Us)
GRIZ w/ LEO NAPIER - a Fine Way to Die (2015 Say It Loud)
R.I.P. John Perry Barlow 1947-2018 - He truly knew what it was to be human.
posted by Jason Kottke Feb 08, 2018
Silicon Valley visionary John Perry Barlow died last night at the age of 70. When he was 30, the EFF founder (and sometime Grateful Dead lyricist) drew up a list of what he called Principles of Adult Behavior. They are:
1. Be patient. No matter what.
2. Don’t badmouth: Assign responsibility, not blame. Say nothing of another you wouldn’t say to him.
3. Never assume the motives of others are, to them, less noble than yours are to you.
4. Expand your sense of the possible.
5. Don’t trouble yourself with matters you truly cannot change.
6. Expect no more of anyone than you can deliver yourself.
7. Tolerate ambiguity.
8. Laugh at yourself frequently.
9. Concern yourself with what is right rather than who is right.
10. Never forget that, no matter how certain, you might be wrong.
11. Give up blood sports.
12. Remember that your life belongs to others as well. Don’t risk it frivolously.
13. Never lie to anyone for any reason. (Lies of omission are sometimes exempt.)
14. Learn the needs of those around you and respect them.
15. Avoid the pursuit of happiness. Seek to define your mission and pursue that.
16. Reduce your use of the first personal pronoun.
17. Praise at least as often as you disparage.
18. Admit your errors freely and soon.
19. Become less suspicious of joy.
20. Understand humility.
21. Remember that love forgives everything.
22. Foster dignity.
23. Live memorably.
24. Love yourself.
Here’s what these principles meant to Barlow:
"I don’t expect the perfect attainment of these principles. However, I post them as a standard for my conduct as an adult. Should any of my friends or colleagues catch me violating one of them, bust me."
# # #