When it comes to shipping small and midsize artworks, there are normally two options: you can do it yourself or you can hire professional art movers who are specialists in shipping fine art.
Consider Shipping Artwork Yourself
If you decide to do your own art shipping, you should be aware of the different methods of artwork handling and shipping. It’s good and wise also to consider getting advice from experienced, professional movers. Be mindful that each piece of art you own is unique and demands an individual approach to its packing and shipping.
Fine Art Shippers, a New York-based father and son branded firm specializing in handling and shipping fine art, gives three important things to consider if you go the do-it-yourself route:
- always purchase insurance;
- use only the best packing materials to protect your art during transit;
- pack your artwork early and never wait until the last minute.
If you need professional advice on how to ship artwork safely, experienced art movers should be sought. They will help you avoid costly mistakes.
Shipping Art Using Professional Movers Is the Safest
You want to avoid costly mistakes and not worry about your art piece as it moves from one point to another point. You don’t want to be kicking yourself somewhere down the line for doing a poor job of preparing and not giving proper attention to handling and shipping.
So the safest way to ship art is obvious, isn’t it?
Hire a professional mover and shipper. It’s the safest, wisest way to ship that precious article. Here are some reasons why using professional art movers is the safest way to go:
- professional art movers have all the answers to your questions and can relieve you of any doubts you may be harboring.
- professional movers will guarantee the highest level of care and protection to even the most delicate items.
- professional movers will diligently explain the paperwork involved before you give it your signature.
- professional art movers are affordable and easy on your budget.
In conclusion, professional art movers know what they are doing when it comes to art shipping. They know how best to handle paintings, antiques, and other valuables and collectibles before they are shipped. Make it easy on yourself and use a professional company. It is the safest way to ship art.