Think you may want to move to Santa Fe, New Mexico? We’ve got 10 reasons to help you make your decision! From our weather to our sunsets, we’re sure you’ll agree that Santa Fe is a great place to live. Whether you’re someone who enjoys spending time hiking, biking, or skiing, or appreciates cultural activities like the symphony, opera, and art galleries, Santa Fe has something for you! And food . . . Santa Fe is world-renowned for top-notch restaurants. Read on to find out why you might want to move to Santa Fe.
Looking for a home in Santa Fe? Check out these great listings!
Top Ten Reasons to Move to Santa Fe
- The Weather: If you move to Santa Fe, you can enjoy four seasons, from winter snow to warm summer days. With an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, there’s hardly a day you can’t enjoy a season-appropriate outdoor activity! The enviable weather Santa Fe offers makes it a great place to live and enjoy all it has to offer.
- The Food: Santa Fe is well-known for its cuisine scene. With world-class chefs creating memorable meals, Santa Fe is the place to be if you love delicious food. If you prefer whipping up your own meals, visiting the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market provides the opportunity to buy locally-grown produce and food products right from the producers. In addition, food lovers can visit the Santa Fe School of Cooking to take classes to perfect their Southwestern cooking techniques.
- The Outdoors: Combine our beautiful weather with unmatched open spaces and you’ve got stellar opportunities to hike, bike, ski, golf, or about any other outdoor activity you enjoy. The mountains are nearby and are calling you, as are world-class golf courses! Nature lovers will want to explore the Randall Davey Audubon Center and take a guided bird walk with local experts
- The Arts: Santa Fe has been known as an art center since artists like Georgia O’Keeffe discovered the unique light found in the high, clear air of the region. Santa Fe is home to many world-class artists. See their work — and buy some for your home — in galleries on the plaza and Canyon Road.
The Culture: Find more arts and culture at the world-famous Santa Fe Opera, which attracts opera lovers and top performers. Enjoy exciting galleries and museums, the Santa Fe Symphony, and other performing arts. Don’t miss the International Folk Art Market, Spanish Market, Indian Market, and our other big major annual events.
- The People: Santa Fe is an inclusive community made up of people from all over. It is often said that “Santa Fe picks you!” Visit and see if you find yourself being drawn to be part of our community.
- Wellness: With that international feel comes an acceptance of all sorts of wellness practices, from traditional Western medicine to Eastern philosophies. Offering everything from yoga classes and alternative medicine to top-notch doctors and hospitals, Santa Fe has your health needs covered.
- History: Santa Fe’s history began with Native American communities, followed by the Spanish, who established Santa Fe as our nation’s first capital city. The Santa Fe Trail brought settlers and merchants from around the world, and today we still welcome tourists and new residents from everywhere.
- Our Lifestyle: Whether you like to dress to the nines to go to the opera or want to wear boots and jeans, you’ll fit right in! Santa Fe offers a laid-back lifestyle where you can be as busy or relaxed as you want. Work, volunteer, relax. When you move to Santa Fe, it’s your choice!
- Big Sunsets: Visitors are amazed at our huge skies where you can see forever. Then comes the sunset and you just can’t tear your eyes away as the colors evolve and change. Watching the sunset with a glass of wine is the perfect way to end a Santa Fe day!
Learn about some great Santa Fe neighborhoods!
VISIT THEIR WEBSITE
CONTACT RICKY ALLEN, CATHY GRIFFITH, or Tara Earley
RICKY: 505-470-8233 | EMAIL RICKY
CATHY: 505-500-2729 | EMAIL CATHY
Tara: 505-660-1734 | EMAIL TARA
This article was posted by Cheryl Fallstead