Here’s some food for thought. A study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, conducted during January 2023, shows that there are 48% more homeless people living in Santa Fe than the year before.
To support its work with people who are homeless, the Interfaith Community Shelter at Pete’s Place presents Chefscapades, a gourmet dinner benefitting the shelter and celebrating its mission to care for the most vulnerable members of our community. The Interfaith Community Shelter hosts its annual Chefscapades fundraiser on Thursday, September 7, 2023, at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center.
What is Chefscapades?
Chefscapades is not a competition. It has never been a competition. It is, instead, a collaboration among talented local chefs to create a meal that is unique, harmonious, and spectacular! Over the course of a beautiful fall evening, all of the chefs will work together in the kitchen at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center to prepare and plate their courses. The reception begins at 5:30 p.m. in the garden courtyard and patio, then moves inside for dinner in the ballroom, at 7 p.m.
As a special treat, an auction will be held for a one-week stay in a breathtaking four-bedroom, four-bath home in the mountains of Breckenridge, Colorado. Amenities include an oversized hot tub, a wraparound deck with a grill and fireplace, an open-format kitchen, plush furnishings, and more. Find out more about this item and the auction on the website.
Who Is Participating?
The Santa Fe restaurants whose chefs will participate at this year’s Chefscapades embody the flavors and traditions of the Mexican and Southwestern heritage that make Santa Fe a culinary heaven. The four participating restaurants are:
- The Cowgirl – A Santa Fe Institution, with a rich history of serving delicious foods of the Southwest, while also providing a vibrant venue for live music, dancing, and community.
- Paloma – In business since 2017, Paloma has been providing Mexican-inspired cuisine so notable that it was listed as one of the 2022 Local Heroes “for making a positive impact on New Mexico’s food systems,” by Edible New Mexico.
- Harry’s Roadhouse – The great chefs and staff at Harry’s have been serving up the very best comfort food with a unique southwestern twist for over 29 years.
- Zacatlán – Was established in 2020 to preserve the traditions of true Mexican cuisine for upcoming generations, while bringing forth new flavors to create a fusion of food for Santa Fe enthusiasts.
- Hilton’s Ortiz Restaurant – Chef Joshua Ortiz recently accepted an Executive Chef position with the Hilton, but this will be his third year donating his time and talent to Chefscapades, providing appetizers for the cocktail hour.
About Interfaith Community Shelter
Since 2008, Interfaith Community Shelter at Pete’s Place has provided safe, hospitable shelter, meals, and extensive life-stabalizing sercices for individuals experiencing homelessness. The shelter was founded by concerned church leaders and their parishoners, along with other service providers, compassionate citizens, and the City of Santa Fe.
Year round, nearly 20 different types of services are provided on site by ICS and collaborators including: Healthcare for the Homeless; Life Link; Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous; Food Depot; Goodwill Industries; Southwest CARE Center; Youth Shelters and Family Services; Street Homeless Animal Project; Upaya Zen Center, Art Smart, and Santa Fe Desert Chorale.
You can do your part for the community by taking part in this sensational evening of delicious food and live entertainment, all for a wonderful cause. All proceeds go to the programs and services provided by the Interfaith Community Shelter. For more information about Chefscapades, and the Interfaith Community Shelter, visit the website.This article was posted by David Salcido