This article was posted by Cheryl FallsteadBreak out the plaid shirts and the Pokémon cards! The Annual Burning of Zozobra is the most historic show in town, and before Old Man Gloom goes up in smoke, the Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe is stoked for celebrating his date with destiny at a chill retro 1990s-themed party!Gather the gang and be among the first to meet Zozobra at the FREE Annual ZozoFest and Zozobra Art Show, Friday – Sunday, August 26 – 28, 2022, at Santa Fe Place Mall, 4250 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, in the space next to Boot Barn at the western end of the mall.This year’s ZozoFest, sponsored by Del Norte Credit Union and the Del Norte LOV Foundation, sends Zozobra’s Decades Project into the 1990s in a free, fun way to connect to this iconic tradition.Get a first-look preview of Santa Fe’s biggest malcontent before he meets his immortal foe, the Fire Spirit. You can put your own glooms right into Zozobra with his ginormous head glaring at you over your shoulder. And ZozoFest is the one-stop shop for tickets and Zozobra merchandise including the 2022 official T-shirts and posters!The ZozoFest Art Exhibit gives dedicated fans a chance to score one-of-a-kind artwork, limited edition prints, sculptures, photographs, and creative artwork in a variety of media. Hundreds of drawings by Santa Fe Public School students showcase the enduring love for Santa Fe’s oldest grouch and you can even create your own Zozobra art at the free crafts tables!Say hello to Old Man Gloom at ZozoFest and don’t forget to save the date, Friday, September 2, to say goodbye to your gloom at the 98th Burning of Zozobra! You can get your tickets at ZozoFest or online at https://burnzozobra.com.
ZozoFest ScheduleThe Zozobra Art Show will have lots of fun items on display: historic artwork, paintings, drawings, prints, photography and contemporary works for sale by local artists.Friday, August 26, 2022, 5 – 8 p.m.
- First chance to see Zozobra 2022 in all his gloomy glory
- Get into an ’90s mood with hot tunes that will sound even better if you’re dressed ’90s style — check out the mall shops for a great look!
- Take selfies with Zozobra photobombing over your shoulder.
- Stuff your glooms inside Zozobra to make your worries go up in smoke when he gets torched.
- Get first dibs on collectible one-of-a-kind Zozobra art.Saturday, August 27, 2022, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Admire the amazing Zozobra Art Exhibit.
- Score the new Zozobra merchandise and collectibles.
- Meet Zozobra poster artist, Bobby Sandoval.
- Make your own Zozobra Art at the free crafts tables
- Rock out to a 90s playlist of your favorite tunes from DJ Sin
- Magician Monte Davidson brings his bag of tricks at 2 p.m.Sunday, August 28, 2022, 12 – 4 p.m.:
- Last chance to see the Zozobra Art Exhibit
- Get back to the ’90s with DJ Sin
- Magician Monte Davidson surprises you with magic tricks at 1 p.m.
If you like ZozoFest 2022 ...Check This Out
Say ¡Bienvenidos ! to a new tradition in the Santa Fe holiday calendar, a Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration. Said to have originated in Mexico, Día de Muertos represents a time to honor and reconnect with the dead in a uniquely beautiful and meaningful manner. Join the commemorative events on the Santa Fe Plaza on Friday, October 28, from 4 – 10 p.m. and Saturday, October 29, from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. The event is free and all are welcome to honor … Read More
Santa Fe mountain biking trails are some of the best in the country. It’s a bold claim when there are so many good trails around, but we did earn a Silver level designation from the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) in 2014. And our riding has gotten even better since then. Santa Fe mountain biking ranges from big burly rides that require big burly bikes, to more gentle cruises on flat trails, and everything in between. Nothing is super easy … Read More
Well, who knew? February 22, 2022 (2/22/22!) is National Margarita Day! We wouldn't want to let a day as special as that go by without a little recognition. Whether you sip yours at a restaurant or shake up this delicious frozen concoction yourself, we've got you covered! Here are some recipes you can try as well as a video showing some tempting options from Santa Fe restaurants famous for their margaritas.