This article was posted by Cheryl FallsteadThe Annual Burning of Zozobra is the most historic show in town, and before Old Man Gloom goes up in smoke, the Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe is stoked for celebrating his date with destiny at a chill retro 2000s-themed party!Gather the gang and be among the first to meet Zozobra at the FREE Annual ZozoFest and Zozobra Art Show, Friday – Sunday, August 25 – 27, 2023, at Santa Fe Place Mall, 4250 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, in the space next to Boot Barn at the western end of the mall.This year’s ZozoFest, sponsored by Del Norte Credit Union and the Del Norte LOV Foundation, sends Zozobra’s Decades Project into the 2000s in a free, fun way to connect to this iconic tradition.Get a first-look preview of Santa Fe’s biggest malcontent before he meets his immortal foe, the Fire Spirit. You can put your own glooms right into Zozobra with his ginormous head glaring at you over your shoulder. And ZozoFest is the one-stop shop for tickets and Zozobra merchandise including the 2023 official T-shirts and posters!The ZozoFest Art Exhibit gives dedicated fans a chance to score one-of-a-kind artwork, limited edition prints, sculptures, photographs, and creative artwork in a variety of media. Hundreds of drawings by Santa Fe Public School students showcase the enduring love for Santa Fe’s oldest grouch and you can even create your own Zozobra art at the free crafts tables!Say hello to Old Man Gloom at ZozoFest and don’t forget to save the date, Friday, September 1, to say goodbye to your gloom at the 99th Burning of Zozobra! You can get your tickets at ZozoFest or online at https://burnzozobra.com.
2023 ZozoFest Schedule
Friday, August 25, 2023, 5 – 8 p.m.
- First chance to see Zozobra 2023 in all his gloomy glory
- Get into the 2000s or 2010s era mood with hot tunes, and check out the mall shops for a great millennial look!
- Take selfies with Zozobra photobombing over your shoulder.
- Rock out to millennial tunes from DJ Sin.
- Stuff your glooms inside Zozobra to make your worries go up in smoke when he gets torched.
- Get first dibs on collectible one-of-a-kind Zozobra art.
Saturday, August 26, 2023, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Admire the amazing Zozobra Art Exhibit.
- Score the new Zozobra merchandise and collectibles.
- Meet Zozobra poster artist, Nathan Chavez, and have him sign your poster.
- Make your own Zozobra Art at the free crafts tables
- Celebrate with a millennial playlist of your favorite tunes from DJ Sin.
Sunday, August 27, 2023, 10 – 4 p.m.
- Last chance to see the Zozobra Art Exhibit
- Enjoy a musical visit back to the millennial era with DJ Sin.
If you like ZozoFest 2023 ...Check This Out
If you’re wondering if Santa Fe has dog parks where you can take your four-legged friend for a fun time, you’re in luck. Santa Fe has quite a few options to explore, from the huge and immensely popular Frank S. Ortiz Dog Park to pocket-park-sized areas. Some Santa Fe neighborhoods have more dog-friendly options than others, but the city is compact enough that everyone can find a place to play. You’ll find some basic rules apply at about every dog … Read More
This Labor Day Weekend brings a feast of fanfare and fun to Santa Fe, kicking off on Friday with the annual demise of Old Man Gloom. The festivities continue over the weekend with the celebration and ceremony of Fiestas de Santa Fe then wind down with the Labor Day holiday on Monday. Throughout it all, food plays a big role in celebrating these events. You’ll need some sustenance as you await the fiery end of Zozobra, the 50-foot puppet that … Read More
Zozobra is the enemy of all that is good, and Santa Fe knows only too well the spell of darkness…